Used Tablet PC

Thread: Hi Is there any way to move the scroll bar fr

Troubleshooter Guest

Default Hi Is there any way to move the scroll bar fr

Hi

Is there any way to move the scroll bar from the right side of the screen to the left side? I can't use my right arm and the tablet pc helps, but it is hard for me to reach across the screen to click on the scroll bar. In Internet Explorer, Word and Power Point, I need to have the scroll bar on the left side of the screen.

Thanks,

Mark Guest

Troubleshooter,

I'm not sure if you can do this with the software, but it would be good for lefthanders. I'm not sure what model you have, but most models have some sort of Navigational button or scroll wheel on the side that serves as a scrolling device. You could try to change the orientation of the screen to put the navigational device near your left hand if that helps. I wonder why a lefthander like Bill Gates didn't want the option to put the scroll on the left side? Hope this can help.

Mark

Mark Guest

Troubleshooter,

I'm not sure if you can do this with the software, but it would be good for lefthanders. I'm not sure what model you have, but most models have some sort of Navigational button or scroll wheel on the side that serves as a scrolling device. You could try to change the orientation of the screen to put the navigational device near your left hand if that helps. I wonder why a lefthander like Bill Gates didn't want the option to put the scroll on the left side? Hope this can help.

Mark

Lefty Guest

I am a lefty who would not wish to have the scroll bar on the left side of the screen. Nor do I change my mouse buttons. I want the scroll bar to be separately configurable from any left-handed handwriting-recognition algorithms.

BTW, when I signed up for this forum, I clicked "left-handed", and the scroll bar moved to the left side. I think a few synapses have been fused in my brain because of this. I changed my profile back to "undecided"...or whatever the non-answer is...so I believe I stopped the brain damage before too many neurons were taken offline. :D

I only write, eat, and mouse with my left hand. I do everything else (drive my stickshift, throw baseballs, darts, and circus knives, cut carrots, scoop ice cream) with my right hand. I'll use either hand to give happy or angry gestures to other drivers on the road. ;)

I guess I'm "omni-dextrous."

Lefty Guest

I am a lefty who would not wish to have the scroll bar on the left side of the screen. Nor do I change my mouse buttons. I want the scroll bar to be separately configurable from any left-handed handwriting-recognition algorithms.

BTW, when I signed up for this forum, I clicked "left-handed", and the scroll bar moved to the left side. I think a few synapses have been fused in my brain because of this. I changed my profile back to "undecided"...or whatever the non-answer is...so I believe I stopped the brain damage before too many neurons were taken offline. :D

I only write, eat, and mouse with my left hand. I do everything else (drive my stickshift, throw baseballs, darts, and circus knives, cut carrots, scoop ice cream) with my right hand. I'll use either hand to give happy or angry gestures to other drivers on the road. ;)

I guess I'm "omni-dextrous."

Bishop Guest

The ability to move the scroll bar is dependent on the application itself. OneNote and this forum allow you to do so, others do not.

As a lefthander (who does many things right handed as well), having the scroll bar left keeps me from having to reach all the way across the tablet. Very helpful reading and surfing.

Bishop Guest

The ability to move the scroll bar is dependent on the application itself. OneNote and this forum allow you to do so, others do not.

As a lefthander (who does many things right handed as well), having the scroll bar left keeps me from having to reach all the way across the tablet. Very helpful reading and surfing.