Used Tablet PC

Thread: Hi All, my stylus has stopped working. Had Table

aine111 Guest

Default Hi All, my stylus has stopped working. Had Table

Hi All, my stylus has stopped working. Had Tablet for 5 months. Any ideas what might be wrong? Don't want to buy a new stylus if at all possible. (It's not the nib, changed that but to no avail)
    Thanks a million

Robert Carnegie Guest

quote:Originally posted by aine111

Hi All, my stylus has stopped working. Had Tablet for 5 months. Any ideas what might be wrong? Don't want to buy a new stylus if at all possible. (It's not the nib, changed that but to no avail)
    Thanks a million
    Which model Tablet? Does the screen cursor still follow the pen? Does the cursor follow the eraser? Does the pen barrel switch work?

Are you using a Wacom replacement driver program, or the software supplied with Tablet? Have you set Windows to disable any device? It could be a problem in software.

A hardware fault obviously could be either the sensor wires in the screen (and their connection to the CPU through the hinge), or the pen. Have you sat on it or anything?

Perhaps another pointing control on your Tablet is interfering with the pen?

aine111 Guest

The cursor isn't following the pen or even appearing when pen is near screen. The button on the pen doesn't work either.

Do you think the pen could have been damaged by a metal detecter? I went through one the other day with my bag on my back. Otherwise can't think of any reason.
    Thanks a million for your reply
    Áine

Northern_Rebel Guest

Check your pen at boot, when your accessing the BIOS area your not using a windows driver. If it works in the BIOS then its a windows driver problem. If it won't work in the BIOS then I would suspect a faulty pen or digitizer.

bluespapa Guest

How do you check that, Northern Rebel?

Northern_Rebel Guest

At boot you should have the option to enter the BIOS by usually double tapping the pen. You may have an OEM splash screen that hides it. If you can see the system checking the RAM then it will follow shortly after that. It maybe called "press F2 or tap once to enter setup", there could also be a "press F3 or tap twice to select boot device (order)". You don't actually need to go into the BIOS so exit without making any changes. If its working here (BIOS) then its a windows driver problem.

Robert Carnegie Guest

I think any model Tablet pen should work on any other Tablet screen except for the Compaq/HP TC1000 which isn't compatible, and except for non-screen separate graphics tablets - so you could verify by swapping over with another owner if your stylus and streen are broken.

Robert Carnegie Guest

And now mine broke (C300whatever)... got a tip from http://www.tabletpcbuzz.com/forum/to...TOPIC_ID=23971 , bend the corner of the screen where the pen lives towards you (take the pen out first), is it working now? Then it's the Tablet that's broken. Sorry. Even light handling can do this, seemingly; I for sure didn't drop the thing... Mine will be heading back for repairs.

Maybe when it comes back, I'm be able not to write "streen" when I mean "screen". That's a catch I've found lately with Fitaly, and maybe my own maladroitness; I tried a utility that speaks keystrokes, Sound Pilot - better than the built-in accessibility "Narrator", but I haven't registered it so far - I'm hoping to get my employer to pay. I mean, fifteen bucks is fifteen bucks (or was it more?)