Used Tablet PC

Thread: I have an m200 and with it I have my Pen, replac

TheNinthPlayer Guest

Default I have an m200 and with it I have my Pen, replac

I have an m200 and with it I have my Pen, replacement pen tips, and a steel ring. What do I do with the steel ring, and how would I go about replacing the pen tips if I need to?

Plus why do I need 5 tips. Do these things where down fast?

Wcrocker Guest

The metal ring is used to remove the pen tips (nibs) from the pen. There seems to be no set line of thought about when you change out the nib. I've had two Toshibas (3505 and M200) and I've changed three nibs. Two on the 3505 and one on the M200. I did the latter just to see if it made a difference. It was neglible.

Here's another thread on the same topic.

http://tabletpcbuzz.com/forum/topic....earchTerms=nib

Has anyone come up with a source for replacemet nibs?

WNewquay Guest

TheNinthPlayer

In this thread:
    http://tabletpcbuzz.com/forum/topic....ms=pen,90,days

Paulrr - Motion Advocate says
    "RE: scratches... And don't forget to change your pen tip!!!!! I swap mine out every 90 days or sooner if I've been using my TPC outside...."

Also: that ring, when not used as a pen tip removal device also serves as a "secret" Tablet PC "Tableteer Identifier Pinky Ring" allowing you to recognize other Tableteers even if when they are travelling incognito (sans Tablet) - and they - you.

Be sure to wear it at all times.

quote:Originally posted by TheNinthPlayer

I have an m200 and with it I have my Pen, replacement pen tips, and a steel ring. What do I do with the steel ring, and how would I go about replacing the pen tips if I need to?

Plus why do I need 5 tips. Do these things where down fast?

TheNinthPlayer Guest

I opened up part of my old pen and noticed there where electronics inside, i though this thing worked with magnets or something.

According to toshiba there are no batterys in the pen, sho how are there electronics?

yvilla Guest

quote:Originally posted by TheNinthPlayer

I opened up part of my old pen and noticed there where electronics inside, i though this thing worked with magnets or something.

According to toshiba there are no batterys in the pen, sho how are there electronics?
    Here is how it all works:
    http://www.wacom-components.com/english/tech.asp

Wcrocker Guest

Now that's what I call informative. Thanks, Yolanda!

wallen Guest

About a month after getting my M200 last year, I changed a nib as the old one had a "rough bit" on it, and when I held it the wrong way, it felt "wierd" when I was using it, so I changed the nib and it was all good. I don't know whether you're supposed to change the nibs frequently, as I broke my original pen and now use a replacement, so the nib on it is only now approaching the 90-day mark. Still seems fine though, IMHO...

rbushway Guest

Sources tell me that the Tablet MVP's that were at the summit were all wearing the steel rings around their lip, semed to be next closest thing to getting a lip ring. I think it was all TabPCMan's idea...

They all thought it was pretty cool...

XiXora Guest

lip?! argh hoep they stretched it out, else it be painful

mb007 Guest

Thanks for the information on that little ring. I had no clue as to its purpose until reading this topic. First I thought it was some kind of locking mechanism for the pen bay. I just bought my first portable computer ever (Toshiba M205-S810) last week. Now if only I can get wireless access working on it, I'll be all set.
    Mike.