Used Tablet PC

Thread: i am a doctor interested in purchasing a tablet

djsell Guest

Default i am a doctor interested in purchasing a tablet

i am a doctor interested in purchasing a tablet to enhance medical note documentation in terms of efficiency and time, without sacrificing details. i currently dictate all notes usu at the end of the day based on memory and short notes scribbled in the chart. based on a typical day this may take 2-3 hrs. i am now using dragon medical suite and can dictate and print a note in 5-7 minutes. my hope would be to be able to use the tablet face to face with the pt, while keeping eye contact to begin the subjective portion and reduce time at the end of the day. in addition integrating the dragon with the hand writing recog would be necessary.

the other aspect would be the choice of the tablet,ie. a fast processor to handle dragon medical suite, large enough to write - 12.1" min screen size,light weight with detachable keyboard, long battery life,...in my limited research it would seem the electrovaya 2010 would fulfill these needs but the service/support question and sturdiness of the snap on keyboard still need to be addressed.

any thoughts on these topics would be greatly apprec. esp any hands on physicians using tablets for documentation and the keyboard comparisons of the electrovaya 2010 vs motions 1300 hardtop snap on and cover and the hp 1100 keyboard/cover(10.4")in terms of ease of use and durability.

digitaldoc Guest

>>in my limited research it would seem the electrovaya 2010 would fulfill these needs but the service/support question and sturdiness of the snap on keyboard still need to be addressed.<<

Scribbler sounds like a smart choice. I expect/hope to take possession of one this week.

1. Battery life is the undisputed King at around 9 hours!(good for hospital rounds or office).
    2. 12" screen is ideal size for compromise of visibility, battery and weight.
    3. Scribbler Weight in slate form is 3.1 lbs. 4 lbs with keyboard.
    4. 1.2 CPU, you can never have enough speed or memory for Voice Recognition though.
    5. Scribbler has an attachable keyboard. If this is anything like the HP hybrid version this is a clear winner.
    6. Biometric sensor for HIPAA.

This sounds ideal for Health Care.

djsell Guest

thanks for the response 'digital doc' (before the high tech age, that title would have a completely diff. meaning!)

anyway, i do apprec. your thoughts and if you do obtain the electrovaya i would certainly look forward to your medical insights in comparison to your other tablets, and the function and durability factor of the the detachable keyboard as well as the feel of the screen in handwriting. i do have a samsung i700 ppc that has tremendous feel and handwriting recog. realizing that it is not used with a digitizer pen.

thanks again,

dan