Used Tablet PC

Thread: LE1700 and iRecharge external battery

Default LE1700 and iRecharge external battery

I just would like to share my recent experience with you, guys.

I tried iRecharge external battery with LE1700. There are fitting plugs in the set shipped with the battery, so it was looking promising. Unfortunately, for whatever reasons, LE1700 does not recognize the battery when it is plugged in. It does not recognise it as a power source when you attempt to boot, nor if you have already booted and connected the battery then (both in Linux and Windows 7). Probably, the problem is in BIOS (I have the latest on my LE1700).

BTW, I checked that iRecharge external battery is working just fine with Dell Latititude X300, Latitude X1, Benq Joybook 7000, Amoi T31, and Toshiba M400.

2. Default

Good idea. Sorry to hear it didn't work out.
    Thanks for sharing and hopefully preventing similar trouble for other members.
    Motion LE1600 VA x2, Motion LS800, Toshiba M200 x4, Motion LE1700 x4 and a TC1100 with dock just for nostalgia. No Ipads.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ivar View Post
    I just would like to share my recent experience with you, guys.

I tried iRecharge external battery with LE1700. There are fitting plugs in the set shipped with the battery, so it was looking promising. Unfortunately, for whatever reasons, LE1700 does not recognize the battery when it is plugged in. It does not recognise it as a power source when you attempt to boot, nor if you have already booted and connected the battery then (both in Linux and Windows 7). Probably, the problem is in BIOS (I have the latest on my LE1700).

BTW, I checked that iRecharge external battery is working just fine with Dell Latititude X300, Latitude X1, Benq Joybook 7000, Amoi T31, and Toshiba M400.
    Did you set the voltage as the same as what the power source would give. These external batteries should work if you put the right voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by megadinosaur View Post
    Did you set the voltage as the same as what the power source would give. These external batteries should work if you put the right voltage.
    You cannot manually set up the voltage on iRecharge battery, as in some other external batteries (e.g. APS).
    The voltages seem to be set up (in a misterious way) by the choice of plugs. One charges the battery using a proper plug and your notebook charger, and then you plug it into the power plug of your notebook and it is recognized as an AC power source (not as a battery).

It was possible to charge iRecharge battery via LE1700 adapter, but it was not recognized as a power source then.

BTW, it was also possible to charge the battery using power adapter of one notebook, and then use it via different plug as a power source for another notebook (with different voltage), but the external battery time was not good.
    Last edited by ivar; 04-30-2010 at 08:34 AM.

5. Default

I suggest you take a voltage meter and test what is voltage on the external battery.
    My LE1600 requires 19v.