Used Tablet PC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP compaq tc1100 & WINDOWS XP PRO?

Default HP compaq tc1100 & WINDOWS XP PRO?

I have a question. WINDOWS XP PRO is compatible with ts1100? Driver WINDOWS XP TABLET PC will work for WINNDOWS XP PRO?

If you are asking if XP Pro will work on the TC1100, The answer is Yes and NO. It will only work as a regular OS. If you want the pen and other tablet functions to work you need XP Tablet edition, or Vista, or Windows 7
    HP Compaq TC1100 | Intel Pentium M 1.2Ghz | 2 GB PC2700-333Mhz | NVIDIA 420 Go 32MB | 120GB HDD | Broadcom BCM43222 wireless N card| Windows 7 Ultimate x86

Thank you, I need windows xp pro, and pen and other features are not important. drivers are compatible?

4. Default

konkoord, all drivers are compatible. Pen input will be unavailable.

PS: Windows XP Tablet Edition = Windows XP Professional + Support for pen input ;) First CD from Tablet Edition = WinXP Pro. So, I suppose, you can use TE ;)

understood, thanks

6. Default No audio, any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Fill View Post
    konkoord, all drivers are compatible. Pen input will be unavailable.

PS: Windows XP Tablet Edition = Windows XP Professional + Support for pen input ;) First CD from Tablet Edition = WinXP Pro. So, I suppose, you can use TE ;)

Not true. I have the tc1100 with XP Pro and the drivers from HP
    Only some work.
    Audio, Pen, and buttons do not work.
    All the others are fine. I had Win 7 on it and they all worked except the buttons, but I loaded XP Pro and can't get audio :(

Any help?

7. Default

Zilla, oh really not true? Heh, compare checksums of Windows XP Professional English & Windows XP Tablet Edition CD1.
    Secondly, while you use WinXPProf as a system, you won't get all features working. Use WinXPTE.
    PS: buttons & audio do work in WinXPProf. Pen input is unavailable.
    Труп в отпуске.

Latest audio driver from HP site doesn't work. You need to use prior version from HP site. You also need button drivers from HP site. If you load all the correct drivers, everything will work (except pen input).

Zilla, may I ask why you insist on XP Pro rather than tablet edition? There are many places to download the software. I can even hook you up with discs if you prefer. BTW, your first name isn't god, is it?

It has always been my understanding that XP Tablet *IS* XP Pro with Tablet extensions laid on top. In fact, I believe that has been stated in onther threads. I personally have not found any XP Pro function missing in XP Tablet. I haven't done an exhaustive search for missing features, but it most definitely is not XP Home with Tablet extensions...

10. Default Anyone lookin g to purchase a motion computing table LE 1700

Benn use literally 15 times. Seeking $550... i purchased this for over $22,000

thanks!

drew