Used Tablet PC

Thread: Win 7 on TC1100 and Sleep issues

1. Default Win 7 on TC1100 and Sleep issues

I've successfully got W7 Home Premium on my TC1100 (which only has 512MB of RAM, but I just ordered the 2GB). Everything is running well, got the Q menu working, and the buttons mapped, and nVidia driver loaded.

However, whenever it goes to sleep, when I try to get it back out, the display doesnt come on. The hard drive and everything else acts like it is in fact out of sleep mode, but the display never lights up, and I end up having to do a hard power down and reboot. I can't seem to locate a fix for this one. Does anyone know how to correct this? Its driving me insane... Thanks!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gary868 View Post
    I've successfully got W7 Home Premium on my TC1100 (which only has 512MB of RAM, but I just ordered the 2GB). Everything is running well, got the Q menu working, and the buttons mapped, and nVidia driver loaded.

However, whenever it goes to sleep, when I try to get it back out, the display doesnt come on. The hard drive and everything else acts like it is in fact out of sleep mode, but the display never lights up, and I end up having to do a hard power down and reboot. I can't seem to locate a fix for this one. Does anyone know how to correct this? Its driving me insane... Thanks!
    To add on...when it comes out of sleep and never turns on the display...there is nothing else I can do to get the display on at that point. besides rebooting the machine. Rendering it useless unless I either want to keep everything powered on 24/7 or do a shut down/reboot every time.

Someone, anyone...PLEASE!!!

I have the same problems with my TC1100 running Windows 7 and sleep.
    I have not come up with anything that has worked. There has been some things said that are suppose to work but did not for me.
    I just have mine set to shut of the monitor and never sleep.
    Sorry I can't help, But if you find anything, Please let me know.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TabletRon View Post
    I have the same problems with my TC1100 running Windows 7 and sleep.
    I have not come up with anything that has worked. There has been some things said that are suppose to work but did not for me.
    I just have mine set to shut of the monitor and never sleep.
    Sorry I can't help, But if you find anything, Please let me know.
    Thanks Ron. I just did the same thing - good idea. Oddly (and I'm not sure if you found this out or not) it works fine coming out of Hibernate. So, I set the power button to push it into Hibernate instead of Sleep. The funny thing is that is comes out of Hibernate faster than my Vista machine did out of Sleep ;)
    Gotta love 7!

Now if I could just get the Sleep thing fixed...perfection. I'm going to keep playing. I'm surprised this isnt more widespread with TC1100 owners. There has got to be a reason...

5. Default Hibernate

Hi:

Got the same issue with waking up from sleep.

I just got a 32Gb SSD(love the speed inprovement over the build in HD). So I decided to try Win 7 ultimate. I may go back to XP when I get the recovery CD from HP get here, I lost my originals when I moved 3years ago.

Here is how I work around the sleep issue with hibernate. I set the time to sleep longer then time to hibernate. So It will either be on or go into hibernate mode and avoid sleep mode all together. And I have set up the power button to put it into hibernation mode as well.

Let me know if anybody figured out how to get sleep to work. So far google didn't show any.

Red

My TC1100 is running Win7 (production version) flawlessly, including coming out of Sleep mode.

I suggest that you all take a look at this excellent discussion regarding how to install Win7 on the TC1100, including fixes for the various observed issues:

http://mobilepcwiki.com/mpc/index.ph...allation_Notes

These are the directions that I followed. In particular, I wonder if you need to install / reinstall the video driver?

Credit to forum moderator bmhome1 for pointing me to this excellent reference...

Yesterday I finally resolved my issues with waking up from sleep/hibernate mode.
    It was the SD card I used for HP QuickLook: if the SD card is plugged, the waking up fails. When the SD slot is empty, in my tc1100 all works fine.