Used Tablet PC

Thread: Welcome to the Windows 7 Forum

Blog Entries

Default Welcome to the Windows 7 Forum

There have been a lot of great discussions on TabletPCBuzz regarding Windows 7. The "buzz" around this release is very positive because of the improved performance over Vista and the features specifically for tablet PC users.

I hope this forum can be a great place to discuss the ups and downs of people who are loading Windows 7 on their tablets either as the primary operating system or in a partition.

If you have any great links to articles or information about Windows 7 and tablets, post them and we'll put them in a list.

Microsoft's website homepage for Windows 7

TabletPCBuzz HP Forum: Windows 7 on the TC1000/1100 discussion

TabletPCBuzz Toshiba Forum: Windows 7 on the M200

TabletPCBuzz Motion Forum: Windows 7 on the M1400

TabletPCBuzz Lenovo Forum: Windows 7 on X-series tablets

TabletPCBuzz Acer Forum: Windows 7 on Acer C111

Wikipedia: Windows 7

Engineering Windows 7 (The MSDN Blog)
    Last edited by John Hill; 02-02-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    John Hill
    TabletPCBuzz, Owner/Editor

Allegiance Tablet PC Experts, CEO
    ALLTP Website
    ALLTP Tablet PC Store

Thanks John for adding this. I'm sure it will be getting more popular as more people begin to experiment with it (Win7) some more.

I'll spread the word a bit too. :-)

David

Blog Entries

I just had one of my tech guys download it onto a Motion LE1700 today and the installation was very easy. So far it seems to be performing well but next up is to work on getting some tools like the Motion Dashboard and screen rotation installed. I guess working through the driver problems is half the fun!
    John Hill
    TabletPCBuzz, Owner/Editor

Allegiance Tablet PC Experts, CEO
    ALLTP Website
    ALLTP Tablet PC Store

Quote Originally Posted by John Hill View Post
    I just had one of my tech guys download it onto a Motion LE1700 today and the installation was very easy. So far it seems to be performing well but next up is to work on getting some tools like the Motion Dashboard and screen rotation installed. I guess working through the driver problems is half the fun!
    I installed the Vista version of Motion Dashboard on my LE 1700 that I'm dual booting with XP and win 7 and it seemed to work fine. Screen rotation is also working. Windows update sent a driver for the finger print reader, but the Vista version of OmniPass won't run. Win 7 says OmniPass is the wrong OS.

Still have one "unknown device" in the hardware manager. Not sure what it is.
    B

5. Default

Hi guys! I'm loving Windows 7 beta on my LE1700 so far, I never tried Vista on a tablet so I'm not sure how different the tablet experience is. Have you noticed your battery draining quicker? Mine seems to go quite quick unless I enable power save mode (which disables Aero.. at least it should, sometimes it seems to accidentally switch back) I recently upgraded from an LE1600, so it could just be that I'm not totally used to the LE1700 battery life yet.

So far so good though. Worked incredibly well on a tablet, especially for a beta OS. Looking forward to making it my main OS for this tablet!