Used Tablet PC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 on a X60 Tablet

Default Windows 7 on a X60 Tablet

Does anyone know or has anyone tried to find out what software or drivers will work in Windows 7 for the X60T?

Based on experience with Win7 on a HP1100, it will install most drivers automatically and specific model drivers from XP/Vista for buttons, etc will install using compatibility mode in properties.

See Vista on X60 which will apply to Win7 also:

http://mobilepcwiki.org/mpc/index.ph...a_Installation

My only problem is that none of the tablet features and the tablet imput panel don't show up...

Default Windows 7 on x41

Hi I have windows 7 installed on my x41 Tablet. Windows update got most of the drivers I needed right off the bat. I think I had one or two I had to Google on my own. This made my tablet functional right out of the box, so I am not too sure why your x60 is not. I would try to reinstall again and see what happens.

On a side note Lenovo Update installed all the Lenovo specific programs no problem. Windows 7 has breathed new life into my x41, it really feels just as fast as XP.

So I got everything working, using Software Update from Lenovo found everything I needed. Only problem I have now is activating Windows 7... can't find a key that works...

6. Default

Start a download from the Win 7 download site - you'll get a key. I have it running on my x61t and it works great. Last thing I'm trying to get is the autorotate to work. Everything else, buttons, pen, etc. works great. It downloaded a bunch of Lenovo drivers on the first Win update. I was even able to install Ritepen.I'm very impressed with Win 7. I also have it in my dual-Xeon workstation (64 bit there).

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Garcia View Post
    Start a download from the Win 7 download site - you'll get a key. I have it running on my x61t and it works great. Last thing I'm trying to get is the autorotate to work. Everything else, buttons, pen, etc. works great. It downloaded a bunch of Lenovo drivers on the first Win update. I was even able to install Ritepen.I'm very impressed with Win 7. I also have it in my dual-Xeon workstation (64 bit there).
    My post about the key was before the beta was announced, so public keys were not available. I suppose that since this thread is being referenced, it is a good idea to pass on some tips I learned with this tablet.

First thing after installing Windows 7, download the auto-updater for Lenovo.
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...PDATE.html#DLP
    And let that run as if in Vista. WHen downloading and installing drivers and programs, avoid and of the "Registry tweaks" that were designed for Vista, as I found these to cause issues and instability. Otherwise, everything, including auto-rotate and what-not worked fine. I even loved that it generated a touch-minded on screen keyboard (Larger keys to make it easier to type). If anyone has questions please feel free to ask.

8. Default

I have a X60 Tablet. I installed Windows 7 RC over Vista (Not a clean install). After installation, my ps2 trackpoint and keyboard would not work. I went to Device manager. Sure enough it showed a problem with both. I searched for new drivers on the keyboard. It found the latest, installed it and the keyboard worked fine. However, the Track Point would not work. It said I had the latest driver. I had read where the fingerprint reader was causing some issues. So, I disabled it in the device manager and deleted the fingerprint reader driver.

I then restarted.

On Restart, my keyboard and trackpoint both worked fine. Windows then reloaded the FingerPrint driver on its own.

Now everything works.

Go figure

9. Default Clean install on new hard drive

With a clean install of windows 7 on my x60t none of the tablet or special keys work. Any ideas?

10. Default

You will need to get some of the drivers from Lenovo. You can download the updater which will help you. You can also try to go to device manager and download the latest drivers through Windows. However, you are having a driver problem. It's a matter of finding the drivers and installing them.