Used Tablet PC
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The poll on the front sponsered by Microsoft got

douge4 Guest

Default The poll on the front sponsered by Microsoft got

The poll on the front sponsered by Microsoft got me thinking. Looks like most people want help with scrolling support. I know I have a real problem, being left handed, where using the scrollbar causes me to block the screen with my hand. So here's my idea (if anyone from microsoft is reading):

When you click the pen button (right-click) above the screen, the cursor should toggle between the traditional arrow and a hand. In the arrow mode, everything functions as normal. In the hand mode, it behaves like adobe acrobat where you can click anywhere on the screen and drag to scroll. (You could also make right clicking above the screen activate the autoscroll, but I find the hand scrolling method more intuitive).

Big Lar Guest

Good idea, fellow lefty. But how about an even easier solution. Allow the scroll bar to be drawn on on the left side of client Windows when configured for left-handed operation.

--Lar

Big Lar Guest

Good idea, fellow lefty. But how about an even easier solution. Allow the scroll bar to be drawn on on the left side of client Windows when configured for left-handed operation.

--Lar

Corky Guest

I personally don't have a problem with scrolling as it is. So please help me understand this: what's the beef?

Re moving the scroll bar to the other side: I think this is an excellent idea. In fact, I would like to see more such flexibility in all such layout considerations. Some people, for example, might prefer to have the treeview panes come up on the right in apps like Outlook and Windows Explorer...

Corky Guest

I personally don't have a problem with scrolling as it is. So please help me understand this: what's the beef?

Re moving the scroll bar to the other side: I think this is an excellent idea. In fact, I would like to see more such flexibility in all such layout considerations. Some people, for example, might prefer to have the treeview panes come up on the right in apps like Outlook and Windows Explorer...

Aphrika Guest

Another small problem that I have as a right-handed user is that context menus always focus the mouse pointer on the top-left corner. Consequently, the menu always appears under my pen hand. I rememebr there being a setting to have the menus cascade to the left or right, but having the pointer focus on the top-right when you open a context menu would be a nice little extra input option.

Aph.

Aphrika Guest

Another small problem that I have as a right-handed user is that context menus always focus the mouse pointer on the top-left corner. Consequently, the menu always appears under my pen hand. I rememebr there being a setting to have the menus cascade to the left or right, but having the pointer focus on the top-right when you open a context menu would be a nice little extra input option.

Aph.

gravelpup Guest

Where is that setting located? Do you remember?

Thanks.

gravelpup Guest

Where is that setting located? Do you remember?

Thanks.

Aphrika Guest

Hi gravelpup,

The setting to move the sub menus from the right to the left is in:

Control Panel > Tablet & Pen Settings > Settings tab

It's in the menu location box - saved me a few hours of frustration. :-)

Aph.