Wondering if you could check the temp with this app recommended in this forum before:
hi folks, now i finally got it: i got a whisper quiet TC1000!!!
i simply done it by soldering a resistor in the fans power cable :D
a (very) short guide:
1. open the TC
2. remove emi-shiel (thin metal plate) from the mainboard
3. locate the fans power cable (a 3cm cable with a blue and a red line)
4. cut the red one
5. solder a resistor (25-30 ohms) between the ends
6. isolate your construction and find a place for fitting (mine fits behind the vga-out)
7. close TC
8. test your modification with something like a benchmark.
the tc is still good cooled: i lied mine on the couch, covered the air accesses to the fan and let 3dmark run for an hour -> no problem! ...and whisper quiet!
now i'm really happy with my tc... but you all know thats this modification wastes guarantee, don't you?
disappointgly i made no photos, but believe me: it's not that hard :-)