Used Tablet PC

Thread: Restore TC1000 hard disk using desktop

Default Restore TC1000 hard disk using desktop

Is it possible to plug a tc1000 hard drive to a desktop via a usb adaptor and use the quickrestore discs to restore the factory image? (I have reformatted the hard drive)

I ran the qrmenu.exe (not sure about prefix) and the first screen selecting the language warns that the hard drive will be wiped out. Now I don't want the desktop hard drive wiped out! Will there be an option to select the tc1000 (external storage device) hard drive to restore?

no, you have to do that via your Tablet. No way around that. Plug that hard drive into the TC1000 again and then you have to start the restore from the the Tablet. If you haven't got a CD-Rom to plug in via USB you are kind of out of luck... Don't really know how to proceed then...
    I'd also make sure beforehand whether the hard drive is still ok, again I'm not sure if you can really verify this when the drive is plugged in via USB...

Hi Gideon007, good to hear from you again. I tried plugging a cdrom via usb but the screen was just blank. One thing I am not clear about - when the tablet turns on (or any computer, I guess) does it only access the bios chip and not the hard drive so if, say, the hard drive is absence or faulty etc should I still get the initial start up screen?

Hmm, I *think* the bios should show anyway. Does it not when you turn the tc1000 on (with or without the cd-rom plugged in)?
    I know I was able to restore onto my TC1100 at least via the docking station, this could of course be different and if you really want to I can try whether I can start the restore from a plugged in CD-Rom...

(I wasn't around the other days, so sorry I couldn't help further before - but what about all the other readers here? C'mon people show some help :))

Before removing the hard drive and reformatting it the tablet 'hung' at different points in power up, from nothing at all to up to the windows start up screen (bar graph in the middle). So I'm thinking, if the hard drive is removed will the tablet at least show the bios info? I could test this and if it doesn't work then I know I definitely have another problem. But I don't want to hunt around for another problem (pull it all apart) if it is actually just the hard disc.

I missed you not being around and no-one else offering any assistance!

It is possible to install the recovery with a desktop PC over network.
    There are manuals for this on the net.
    Unfortunatly you need a file called "tc1k".
    This was to download from pconethousand wich does not exist anymore.
    I am searching for this file!!
    Can anybody help me with this? No Idea left where to search.
    Terrie Wurzbacher

Do you mean TC-one-thousand? The site is still up there on the Web.

It is possible to install the recovery with a desktop PC over network.
    There are manuals for this on the net.
    Unfortunatly you need a file called "tc1k".
    This was to download from pconethousand wich does not exist anymore.
    I am searching for this file!!
    Can anybody help me with this? No Idea left where to search.

<div align="right">Originally posted by elysium6┬*-┬*Mar 09 2008┬*:┬* 12:46:45 PM</div id="right">