Used Tablet PC
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello, I am finally going to be getting the M

snicker_bar4u Guest

Default Hello, I am finally going to be getting the M

Hello,
    I am finally going to be getting the M275X and I can't wait[bday]. However, before I purchase I have a few questions. I was just wondering if I could get some feedback on this computer, good and bad. I would just like to know everything, so I am ready and know if there is something that I don't like about it.
    My mother and I both plan to get this computer, however, at some points we may share the one, so, we were just wondering if the AI will recognize both of us, or just one. We write different and talk different, so I didn't know if you could have more than one user.
    I noticed that Amazon has this computer for about $50 less than Gateway and HSN and also has free shipping, but also a three year warranty, is this the way I should go? Finally, I know third generations are coming out this summer, so do you expect the prices to come down by then, or within this year is it about as low as it goes? If you expect it to go down some more, I think I should just wait :-( but if not, I will just get it this week :D
    I will mostly be using this computer for school, while my mom will be using it for her business and traveling, do you think this will suit us well. I realize that it is a little heavier, but I like the larger screen and the fact that the CD writer is internal is the major thing I wanted. It just seems like this is a really great computer. So any reviews will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks[thumbsup]

WNewquay Guest

snicker_bar4u

Windows will allow you to have different "profiles" for different "users".

Just be sure that you and your mother and you have different login names.

Speaking of which: if you (or your mother) enjoy the Tablet PC as much as most of us here ....... well, I cannot remember ever hearing of anyone successfully "sharing" a Tablet PC.

Tablet PCs are so portable that from reading the posts here, it seems that after awhile, most Tablet PC owners suffer separation anxiety after even the briefest absence.

Some have anticipatory Tabletus Interruptus at the mere thought of having to send a machine away for repairs.

It is a good thing that you have so many other computers in your home. You should be able to do backups and with some planning, have a regular routine for keeping your files where you (both of you) need them.

I suppose it is possible,

quote:Originally posted by snicker_bar4u

Hello,
    I am finally going to be getting the M275X and I can't wait[bday]. However, before I purchase I have a few questions. I was just wondering if I could get some feedback on this computer, good and bad. I would just like to know everything, so I am ready and know if there is something that I don't like about it.
    My mother and I both plan to get this computer, however, at some points we may share the one, so, we were just wondering if the AI will recognize both of us, or just one. We write different and talk different, so I didn't know if you could have more than one user.
    I noticed that Amazon has this computer for about $50 less than Gateway and HSN and also has free shipping, but also a three year warranty, is this the way I should go? Finally, I know third generations are coming out this summer, so do you expect the prices to come down by then, or within this year is it about as low as it goes? If you expect it to go down some more, I think I should just wait :-( but if not, I will just get it this week :D
    I will mostly be using this computer for school, while my mom will be using it for her business and traveling, do you think this will suit us well. I realize that it is a little heavier, but I like the larger screen and the fact that the CD writer is internal is the major thing I wanted. It just seems like this is a really great computer. So any reviews will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks[thumbsup]

snicker_bar4u Guest

Thanks for replying. We both are going to get our own tablet, just on some occassions we may just choose to take one with us and share. I just wanted to make sure that text and voice would transfer.
    I would still like some reviews on the actual tablet, I haven't read much on it and I was just wanting some insights.
    Also, does Gateway have an 800# for tech support? I purchased another computer once and had a ton of problems with it in the beginning and had major phone bills for all the call I had to make that were not on an 800#. I just decided to get a new computer and was much happier.

Thanks again [thumbsup]

IamHim81 Guest

Yes, gateway does have an 800 number for tech support.

snicker_bar4u Guest

Thanks for letting me know. I also wanted to ask if the keyboard for the M275x is good. I know the averatec laptops have a spongy keyboard and the Compaq I use has keys that stick, it's terrible. I figure that gateways will be better since it is full sized.
    Also, does gateway offer a student discount, haven't seen that anywhere. Finally, does gateway offer price matching? I was wondering if they would give me the same price as amazon if I went to a store.

Thanks [thumbsup]

WNewquay Guest

snicker_bar4u Guest

Yes, I did see these posts. I just went past my nearest Gateway store and everything seemed like it was still running. All well, I guess I won't be going to the store, saves me a trip anyway.
    I plan to make my big purchase this weekend, so I was still hoping to get some reviews on the M275x. Basically I would like to know how it runs, if the keyboard ais is good, and the good, bad and ugly of the tablet. I really want to make sure I am making the right decision.
    Does anyone know if Gateway offers price matching or student discounts? Amazon has the tablet for $50 less, not that great, but free shipping and the three year warranty is included. I want the warranty, but would prefer to go directly through gateway. So, any more reviews on the M275x would be great and any answers to my questions as well.

Thanks so much everybody [thumbsup]

quote:Originally posted by WNewquay

Have you seen these threads about Gateway store closings?

http://tabletpcbuzz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11589

http://tabletpcbuzz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11577

Maniacal1 Guest

Snick, I'm not sure how in-depth a review I can give you, since my M275XL just arrived a week ago, but I can certainly give you some initial impressions.

As far as the keyboard goes, it's not bad at all for a notebook. And I'm a keyboard snob. It's comfortable enough, although I haven't used it for long stretches of time.

I'm pleased with the display, although I'd like a higher resolution. The larger than normal tablet display is nice. A higher resolution would be nice, but as far as I know, the M275 has the highest resolution available in a tablet.

Delivery, in my case, at least was pretty quick. I ordered the unit on a Sunday evening, and it arrived nine days later on Tuesday (well before the predicted shipping date).

I don't know about price matching or student discounts.

If there's anything else that a newbie's perspective can provide you, let me know.

snicker_bar4u Guest

Thanks for the review. It was really helpful. I've read some reviews that said the screen doesn't work well in portrait or reverse landscape mode, has anyone else had this problem? I've also read that is can be difficult sometimes to use the pen to scroll on the screen, problems with it being too close to the edge.

As you get to use your tablet more, I would love to hear more about it. It always seems that everything will either work perfect in the beginning or terribly. I sure can't wait to get mine, but nine days shipping, I don't know if I can make it :-(

Thanks so much [thumbsup]
    quote:Originally posted by Maniacal1

Snick, I'm not sure how in-depth a review I can give you, since my M275XL just arrived a week ago, but I can certainly give you some initial impressions.

As far as the keyboard goes, it's not bad at all for a notebook. And I'm a keyboard snob. It's comfortable enough, although I haven't used it for long stretches of time.

I'm pleased with the display, although I'd like a higher resolution. The larger than normal tablet display is nice. A higher resolution would be nice, but as far as I know, the M275 has the highest resolution available in a tablet.

Delivery, in my case, at least was pretty quick. I ordered the unit on a Sunday evening, and it arrived nine days later on Tuesday (well before the predicted shipping date).

I don't know about price matching or student discounts.

If there's anything else that a newbie's perspective can provide you, let me know.

WNewquay Guest

snicker_bar4u

Welcome to the club. Nine days? Could be worse.

This week's special: Unsolicited Advice
    (as always - worth what you pay for it).

Since you have a little time before your new Tablet PC arrives, you can get a head start on a few things.

Try not to do this