Used Tablet PC

Thread: Sorry if this has been asked before. I just boug

grabaka Guest

Default Sorry if this has been asked before. I just boug

Sorry if this has been asked before. I just bought a scanner and wanted to scan a book onto my computer for annotating and highlighting. Is there anyway to set it up so the scan goes directly to one note or journal without having to resize/format or anything? It seems like there are so many different programs to use: omnipage, microsoft scanning tool, canon scanning tool, arcsoft photobased...im so confused on what i should be doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

rbushway Guest

I don't think it matters what scan it to but after You scan it, you can then print it to Journal, scanning to Journal or Onenote is not supported, but a great idea though.

Wcrocker Guest

quote:Originally posted by rbushway

I don't think it matters what scan it to but after You scan it, you can then print it to Journal, scanning to Journal or Onenote is not supported, but a great idea though.
    Seconded. And at this point, there is no print to funciton in OneNote, so Journal would be your best bet for printing to and annotating.

bcdechert Guest

Not sure why you wouldn't do the annotations directly on the scanned image file (whatever format you are using). The ink is just another layer on an existing image. But if you are doing a book...that would take a long time. Considering the ease of scanning multipage documents with Adobe Acrobat - it would be great if Acrobat had an inking ability! Adobe - what say you?

Psychick Guest

grabaka - I do a lot of scanning too - at this point I just scan it into the adobe acrobat software that came with my tablet and then print to Journal or GoBinder when I'm ready to annotate. Unfortunately, once it's in Journal or GoBinder, you cannot select the background text to copy and paste elsewhere - but you can do that from the original acrobat document I guess. I don't really know much about other scanning software that's out there.

bcdechert - from what I understand, acrobat does have some "highlighting" and "notetaking" ability built in, but it's on an entirely different (and not nearly as intuitive or useful) platform. There have been some threads about it, so if you wanted to know more, you could run a search of the forums on this site.

Psychick

Nick Ho Guest

You should look into Office 03 for MS Doc Imaging & Scanning. I do that all the time, scan to it, annotate (ink or type), select & copy text, select & copy image, better than Acrobat. And it is also a printer driver that any program can print to it. Nick