Used Tablet PC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have any tips, tricks or utilities t

kp Guest

Default Does anyone have any tips, tricks or utilities t

Does anyone have any tips, tricks or utilities to accurately calibrate the pen for the center of the screen. My pen is calibrated well for the corners but I never write there. It loses enough calibration at the center of the screen to affect my handwritting.

WNewquay Guest

kp,

Don't know how long you have been using your Tablet PC, but

You will find that the sense of being out-of-sync with the pen tip goes away ...

when you stop looking at it.

It takes a bit of mental re-training. You will find the whole experience easier to deal with when you let your eyes the follow the flow of the ink.

The other subtle thing that can affect the calibration (but it should make almost no difference at the centre of the screen) is the angle at which you hold the pen when doing the calibration.

WNewquay Guest

kp,

Don't know how long you have been using your Tablet PC, but

You will find that the sense of being out-of-sync with the pen tip goes away ...

when you stop looking at it.

It takes a bit of mental re-training. You will find the whole experience easier to deal with when you let your eyes the follow the flow of the ink.

The other subtle thing that can affect the calibration (but it should make almost no difference at the centre of the screen) is the angle at which you hold the pen when doing the calibration.

kp Guest

WN, Thanks for responding. I have been using a tablet for 18 months starting with the TC1000 and now using a TC1100 with a Cross Penabled pen. I write all day every day on both paper and tablet. The calibration could be better even for those of us with a lot of experience.

kp Guest

WN, Thanks for responding. I have been using a tablet for 18 months starting with the TC1000 and now using a TC1100 with a Cross Penabled pen. I write all day every day on both paper and tablet. The calibration could be better even for those of us with a lot of experience.

WNewquay Guest

kp,

Please take no offence, certainly none intended. I thought your question sounded like someone new to Tablet PCs. Strangely, I perceive any calibration issues near the centre of the screen. (TC1000, TC1100, M200).

If I was drawing instead of writing, and going for fine detail, the parallax distortion (I think that's what is called) *might* be an issue. Not a problem for me with ordinary writing.

Have you tried the latest Wacom Driver?

http://tabletpcbuzz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9948

WNewquay Guest

kp,

Please take no offence, certainly none intended. I thought your question sounded like someone new to Tablet PCs. Strangely, I perceive any calibration issues near the centre of the screen. (TC1000, TC1100, M200).

If I was drawing instead of writing, and going for fine detail, the parallax distortion (I think that's what is called) *might* be an issue. Not a problem for me with ordinary writing.

Have you tried the latest Wacom Driver?

http://tabletpcbuzz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9948

kp Guest

WN, No offense taken. It is my fault for not being more specific. What I really want to do is to access the calibration settings and tweak them with a custom program written in C#. Also, is there a newer Wacom dirver than that on HP's site. On www.wacom.com I could only find drivers for their accessory tablets.
    KP

kp Guest

WN, No offense taken. It is my fault for not being more specific. What I really want to do is to access the calibration settings and tweak them with a custom program written in C#. Also, is there a newer Wacom dirver than that on HP's site. On www.wacom.com I could only find drivers for their accessory tablets.
    KP

WNewquay Guest

kp,

Here's a link
    http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm

Since you mentioned C#

I recognize that you may actually "live" on this site but...

Have you been to godotnet.com (tabletpcdeveloper.com has moved there)
    http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/tabletpc/

Within the first couple of inches there is a link to the Tablet PC SDK.

You might have some luck there.