Welcome to TabletPCBuzz! If this is your first visit, please check out the FAQ.
You will have to register
before you can post. Join the TabletPCBuzz community as a registered member and all the Google ads will disappear forever so you can enjoy the articles, blogs and forums.
Hello Motion LE1600 / LE1700 fans ... please show your dedication to the world's greatest slates ... EVER !
DD - way to lead the charge. Maybe with our new Tablet PC Buzz significance, Motion will update the LE1700 to an LE1800.
I think to develop an LE1800 is going to require a redesign to make it a viable and competitive tablet in today's market:
1. Change to less power hungry processor
2. Upgrade to a newer video chipset to delay manufacturer non-support
3. Change to SATA drive interface
4. Allow room for 2.5" drive
5. LED backlit display (or OLED -- yeah, right!)
6. Eight hour battery life under real-world operating conditions
Otherwise, we're really discussing a LE1700 variant. I have no doubt that some of the LE1700 components have been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Glad to join you here!
Great list! BTW, why not add to keep the 1400X1050 resolution? I upgraded to a J3400 a while back and couldn't take the change. I'm back to LE1700s (I keep 2 spare batteries in my backpack!).
Also, quite frankly: I do not want touch!