View Full Version : Noooo - Help Needed!
06-13-2010, 02:21 PM
I plugged my memory stick into my TC1100 and the whole thing just
died! Is there an internal reset or fuse that could have gone?
Any help would be MUCH appreciated!
06-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Did you put in the stick in the outer access area slot or the internal slot.
Make sure you have the memory completely seated. It starts out at an angle and then you push down until you hear the click of the two latches on the sides of the stick engage.
06-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Another possibility is that you are using an incompatible RAM type. The symptoms that you are describing are not unlike the problems encountered when the system tries to boot up with incompatible RAM.
To run a cross-check, visit www.crucial.com and check their Memory Advisor tool...
To answer your explicit question, there is no internal reset (that I am aware of) or fuse. However, try disconnecting your AC adapter (if used) and removing the battery. Then slide and hold the power switch in the "on" position for 20-30 seconds. Reinstall the battery and try to start up again...
06-13-2010, 04:12 PM
No, this was my USB memory stick. I should have been a bit
clearer. The tablet just died when I inserted it. Maybe it shorted
on something because the stick still works on my desktop PC.
I've now got it working again. I love this machine!
I removed the battery and re-inserted it and it still didn't work.
I then saw a small hole by the USB sockets and poked it with
a pin. Is this a reset of some sort?
Anyway removed and inserted the battery again and it all
powered up. :biggrin1:
Thanks for the replies. I was seriously worried for a bit.
06-13-2010, 04:16 PM
The small hole near the USB is for a HP cable that plugs into the USB slot and this power slot for external drives. There might be something wrong with that USB port that you are trying. Did you try it in the other USB port?
06-13-2010, 04:29 PM
sync: Not clear from your reply, but you can't just remove and reinstall the battery; you have to wait, with the battery out, for at least 20 or 30 seconds to allow any stored charges to dissipate. If you did this, then pardon the unnecessary comment.
If your USB card works in another computer, then it doesn't seem likely that it has an electrical problem. Does the USB port on your TC feel loose or broken in any way? Have you tried both ports, as suggested by Ron (above)?
Finally, does your USB stick contain any executables of any type?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.