PDA

View Full Version : fujitsu

nathanbarlow
07-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Any one managed a Win7 install on a Fujitsu Lifebook yet? Interested to know if the tablet I'm considering will upgrade to Win7 okay, as I'm thinking of doing that off the bat. I'm looking at the Lifebook T5010 (if i can find it for a decent price lol)

Steve S
07-03-2009, 10:37 AM
nathan: Upgrading to Win7 is not so much an issue of the OS itself, but more an issue of the availability of compatible drivers for the T5010 so that you can properly couple Win7 to all your hardware peripherals. Sadly, many computer OEM's dramatically slow down or stop updating drivers once a specific platform gets superceded by a new model.

However, Win7 looks like it's pretty compatible with many Vista drivers, so as long as you start with a set of Vista-compatible drivers for the T5010 then you should have a pretty good point of departure for completing a fully functional installation of Win7. And, of course, Fujitsu might update those drivers for Win7, considering that the production release is scheduled for late this year...

Either way, I wouldn't expect any significant problems upgrading on the T5010...

nathanbarlow
07-03-2009, 11:10 PM
So basically you're saying that considering the T5010 is one of Fujitsu's current tablet models, and it comes with Vista at the moment, it should (not guaranteed) be okay with Win7?

It would be awesome if someone who has tried this could chime in?

Just for peace of mind as I'm thinking of buying this tablet in the next few months [gotta get my car fixed first :( ]. Hoping sooner rather than later :)

Steve S
07-03-2009, 11:39 PM
<<...it should (not guaranteed) be okay with Win7?..>>

...Yes. (And with any luck, Fujitsu will update the drivers for Win7...)