PDA

View Full Version : Worried about pressure sensitivity level of TPC?

Shogmaster
03-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Watch this video. I made it just for you guys. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMUUDYiKEKA

jnjroach
03-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Very cool Shogmaster, who was the music by?

Shogmaster
03-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks.

The music by Swedish Jazz Electronica duo called KOOP. The singer is a guest artist named Yukimi Nagano and the song is called "Summer Sun".

Steve S
03-09-2008, 12:10 PM
shog: Thanks for this video; I always thought the 256 vs. 1024 argument was a little overheated, but not being an artist, didn't think I should comment.

I think this is a useful... and specific... contribution to the discussion!

Shogmaster
03-09-2008, 12:44 PM
shog: Thanks for this video; I always thought the 256 vs. 1024 argument was a little overheated, but not being an artist, didn't think I should comment.

I think this is a useful... and specific... contribution to the discussion!

<div align="right">Originally posted by Steve S - Mar 09 2008 : 5:10:09 PM</div id="right">

I liked it. ;) And you're welcome for the video.

John Hill
03-10-2008, 03:51 AM
Thanks for the video - really great!

Shogmaster
03-10-2008, 09:06 AM
No problem John. Now you don't have to keep losing your artist TPC customers to Axiotron. ;)

TedRx
03-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Absolutely Fantastic!

Yet another great contribution from the Shogmaster

TedRx
03-10-2008, 10:09 AM
By the way , is that your personal Cintiq?

Shogmaster
03-10-2008, 10:17 AM
No no Ted. I wouldn't foolish enough to spend $2000+ on a Mac Pro. ;) It's one of the units at the school where I teach. We have two labs full of Cintiq 21UX. One lab is Cintiqs on PCs, the other lab is Cintiqs on Mac Pros (dual boot).

The last Cintiq I owned was the 18SX. I think I might get the 20WSX soon, but for the time being, I need the mobility of the TPC more.

And thanks for the comment. Now you some ammo to tell all the art guys here to stop obsessing over the pressure sensitivity. :)

TedRx
03-10-2008, 01:13 PM
That video has now definitively taken away half the argument
against the Tablet PC...

The only major positive point for the Cintiq left is screensize
which is more than balanced out by the lower cost and portability of
the Tablet PC

Hopefully that video alone can be responsible for a mass Conversion of artist who have been researching but were still on the fence between the Cintiq and Tablet PC

And hopefully a lot of Sales for John too.

Thanks again

gnb
05-16-2008, 06:43 AM
it's a bit hard to tell from that video what the finer details looked like.

i got the impression that the cintiq had better gradation from the video.

another factor, correct me if i'm wrong is the wacom control panel is very adjustable for the user (for the cintiq) and on a tablec pc the wacom control panel if there even is one, practically gives you no flexibility at all.

if i weren't so busy i would do some tests for you.

i am a proud owner of a motion 1400 with 2gb ram and 60gb hd. love my tablet pc, love it.

i wouldn't say it equaled my cintiq 21ux.

would use my tablet for low res work (roughs) and finish it up on the cintiq/desktop.

Drew Baker
06-13-2008, 02:54 AM
In my limited experience it seems a lot depends on the pen.

The pen that came with my X60, for example, works with a very light touch, just as I'd expected from my experience with my Intuos and Cintiq. I ordered another pen from Wacom -- a UP-703E -- and it was terrible. It took so much pressure to recognize a stroke it felt like drawing on a touch screen. (It also didn't use standard nibs, but if it had worked I would have put up with that.) Next I tried a UP710E and it's much better, but still takes a heavier hand than the original pen. Now I'm waiting for delivery of a Cintiq 17SX grip pen, hoping it will be more like the original pen but be big enough to use for hours at a time.

--Drew

WNewquay
06-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Hi Shogmaster,

Watch this video. I made it just for you guys. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMUUDYiKEKA

Don't know how I missed this, but it is great. Thanks for taking the trouble to produce this and put it up on youtube.

Walk Broad
06-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Wow.

I love my tablet, but the difference is really astounding.

One day ....:Cry:

christopher1
01-12-2009, 05:11 AM
Thanks for your video its great thanks once again for sharing with us...

fillergirl
06-11-2009, 01:25 PM
HAHAHA!
Sorry but I have always thought that the level of sensitivity that I had on my fujistu was totally fine, but people are always boasting their massive numbers of pressure levels... I mean
There's no difference...or so small you can't really tell.

Heeheee XD Gonna show this video around, it's awesome XD

Davaris
08-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Just curious, how do you know what the pressure sensitivity is on any tablet? They never mention it in the specs when they are selling them.

nyb72
08-11-2009, 10:33 AM
I would also agree that the level of sensitivity on my M1400 is totally fine... although I am only doing black and white inking for comics. I have to admit that I'm tempted to try out an Intuos4 to see if I can tell a difference.

TedRx
08-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey there nyb72!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post examples of your digital ink work for other to see and enjoy!

TadakoXIII
09-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Wow. Nifty vid... although I'm pretty novice on this stuff so I can't say I understood it completely. :'D But I get the gist. I love the music too. <3

Hey there nyb72!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post examples of your digital ink work for other to see and enjoy!

I second this comment. XD

Anyway, I'd like to ask how you could adjust or find out what what your Tablet Pen's pressure sensitivity is?! I'm really new to this stuff and my pen tablet doesn't seem to have this feature at all. ..! D: (Granted that I've only used Easy Paint Tool sat and Photoshop CS4... I'm a real n00b. :< ) I'm guessing there's some kind of option tool to turn it on/off that don't know about..? :'D

Cobrab
08-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Wow, never new that Cintiq is so laggy!
But I can see the difference even on video - Cintiq allows for more subtle lines... they are more well crafted :( I, myself own a TabletPC, by the way.