PDA

View Full Version : Well I finallt got my tablet together.... only p

sergi182
07-07-2007, 05:39 AM
Well I finallt got my tablet together.... only problem is the OS. The unit came with a failing harddrive so I swaped it out for another. I created a generic tablet OS disk that I have used befor with my fijitsu tablet. All I do is inset the disk into the fujitsu and install the OS. everything is installed and tablet is ready to go. I was hoping to have the same luck with the toshiba. I put DOS 7.1 on the hard drive along with a copy of the installation disk. I typed winnt.exe and setup went along. When it was finished, the splash screen said windows tablet edition, but the system is just windows pro. there are no tablet components installed. For some reason the installation did not install the tabletpc.cab during installation. So I extracted the .cab file to the windows32 foled in hopes it would work. All I get now is a working digitizer and nothing else, No TIP, no settings, even the system dialauge is missing the processor information. I dont have a recovery CD from toshiba so that is a no go. What could be wrong with the install and why would it not install the tablet.cab. Iv ordered a disk from ebay that is apparently a clean install with all working drivers for my p3500.... but I might have the same problem I am having now. any ideas? thanks.

WNewquay
07-07-2007, 06:13 AM
Hello sergi182,

When you install the operating system (Tablet PC), you have to have an appropriate license key or the Tablet PC "bits" won't install.

sergi182
07-07-2007, 06:29 AM
could you please explain what you mean by that. I was thinking, If I were to do and "upgrade install" do you think the tablet portions of the OS would also be installed. Its one of the options when I load the setup fot the tablet OS. Im gonna try it and see what happens.

sergi182
07-07-2007, 08:39 AM
well no luck and now I'm just waiting for the cd to come in the mail. right now im just going to update the system so I can at least use it until I get those disks. but one more problem has arisen, the update process is taking forever and service pack 2 will not download. Now whats wrong? Should I just give up and wait until I can restore to factory settings?