PDA

View Full Version : This evening, I received a routine e-mail from H

Steve S
03-09-2007, 04:41 PM
This evening, I received a routine e-mail from HP Customer Care which led me to a web page listing HP's "Vista compatible" notebooks. Needless to say, the TC1100 wasn't listed.

In addition, the web page had the following note:

"HP and Compaq Non-Supported PCs

HP does not support the upgrade from XP to Vista for non-HP Certified Vista capable PCs. HP provides neither Windows Vista drivers nor technical support for non-HP Certified Vista Capable PCs.

Attempting to install Windows Vista on a PC not listed as HP Certified Vista Capable may cause a loss of your programs and personal data, and the PC and peripherals may operate with limited functionality or not at all.

If you encounter operation problems when using Windows Vista, HP recommends that you restore the PC to its original condition by doing a clean installation of Windows XP."

WNewquay
03-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Well it is no surprise especially give that the TC1100 machine has been discontinued for what - approximately two years.

It is wonderful that this machine runs really well with Vista (although I wouldn't want to live with it without at least one gig of ram).

There is a hitch with the headphone jack (not muting the speakers when using a conventional headphone) and the SD slot problem (doesn't work). But other than that, this is a really nice machine with Vista.