PDA

View Full Version : has anyone successfully installed vista on an acer c312

lennartp
03-01-2007, 02:57 AM
has anyone successfully installed vista on an acer c312 with intel on board graphics?
i can do without aero, itīs more that i would like to have a recovery-cd independent english os and office running (vs my german xp te) to be able to use all extensions and plugins (teo, inkgestures, education pack etc)
TIA,
Lennart

sheureka
03-01-2007, 04:30 AM
I'm running it on a c111 - without any support from Acer so it's not completely successful. But for the c312 there are Vista drivers available on the Acer website. The inking and recognition are much, much better than they were in xp. - sheureka

lennartp
03-01-2007, 06:38 AM
Wow, thanks! I didnīt bother to look - i heard that acer has discontinued all tpc models for the future, so i didnīt expect them to provide support like vista drivers for past models! Good to know!!

RussH
03-01-2007, 08:12 AM
I hadn't heard about Acer ending tablet product line. Where did you see that?

Post the results of the utilities. I have the 314, installed Vista on a new hard drive but decided to go back to XP because I missed my dedicated buttons and because my battery life dropped by 30 minutes. But I did enjoy all the rest of Vista and would like to go back.

lennartp
03-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Hi Russ,
i guess i read that here (lost posts!). First there was a rumor that acer will release a new tpc (after c21x series), then someone posted that they actually annonced to discontinue their tpc line completely. maybe you can find some info on that on gbm.
loss of battery life is what i fear, but iīm not so dependent on that (with 2nd battery). should i install vista on my c312, i will post on that!!

RussH
03-01-2007, 09:16 AM
My install to the new hard drive went fantastic. Not a single issue until I got to the utility buttons. It wasn't until a week later that I came across the utility update on the Acer site. I don't think it was there before when looked.

Acer does say they will not be updating several of the e- utilities.

It's strange, on the US Acer site only the 312 and 314 are found. On the 'Global' site only the C2xx is found. I think someone/everyone might be out in the cold. But then again, I've had this one for 16 months now and if it survives to 24 months I'd be looking for a new one at that point anyway.

clayfox
03-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Hopefully Sherry can help me but I have just installed vista on my c111. Everything is great except.
The soft modem is missing a driver, which I do not care about.

The big problem is that is does not even see my bluetooth hardware. WHich was workign fine with XP Tablet. I am thinking it may be a bios update or a chipset driver that is preventing it from being detected but I would love to here from Sherry if she has bluetooth working on hers.

Anyone else have any suggestions or know the exact chipset for the c111, which is different from the 110.