View Full Version : MS Word XP is crashing and reloading when I acce
02-22-2003, 06:46 AM
MS Word XP is crashing and reloading when I access the inline dictionary. This occurs when entering test via pen and a word is mis-translated. When I go to check spelling in-line and choosing "more" the app crashes and reloads. The docs recover but it's a pain. I'm running with all MS patches current.
Has anyone else experienced this?
02-23-2003, 12:31 AM
I have the same problem. Any solutions?
02-23-2003, 04:47 AM
Glad It's not just me...
02-25-2003, 12:39 PM
Me too. I have asked support at Microsoft to look into it.
I will let you know if they have a fix.
That's a somewhat common problem, but there is a quick and simple fix:
1) Open the Run dialog box
2) Type: Journal /RepairJournal
Everything should work great after that.
02-25-2003, 04:43 PM
Sorry Josh but that did not help.
02-26-2003, 07:11 AM
Microsoft support suggested this fix. It worked for me.
The next step to try is to uninstall and reinstall the component that deals with the writing recognition within Office. To do so, please follow the steps below: ( remember you will need to access the Office XP CD during the reinstall)
1) Close all open applications
2) Go to Start/Control panel
3) Double-click on add remove programs
4) Choose Microsoft Office XP and click on change
5) Select Add Remove components and click Next
6) Click on the plus beside Office shared features
7) Click on the icon beside Alternative user input and select Not Available
8) Click on update
9) When it is finished repeat steps 1 to 6
10) Click on the icon beside Alternative user input and select Run all from my computer
Start word the error should not occur.
03-01-2003, 02:34 PM
Tried this fix but still have the problem. Did it work for anyone who had the problem? any other suggestions?
03-01-2003, 03:33 PM
Anyone also have an issue with AutoText in Word XP? It locks up when I use the keyboard and I select the suggested word.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.