PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody On the 31 December 2004, tc-o

jamescj
12-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Hello everybody

On the 31 December 2004, tc-one-thousand turns 2! Although I would like to dedicate more time to this repository of information it still has been a great 2nd year for me! My TC1000 now has an older brother in the form of the TC1100 ... who knows what will happen in the new year - TC2000 perhaps [?]

As with last year I have a little give away to one lucky winner to commemorate this event. Last year my little competition had as its prize a portfolio that I (or rather wifey) had adapted to take my TC1000. This year I will stay on the same theme and will be giving away the Intelligent Technologies Inc case (http://www.intelligenttechnologiesinc.com/) I have just reviewed on www.tc-one-thousand.com

As before one lucky Tabletpcbuzz reader will be the winner of this great case with my compliments (a contribution towards postage would be welcomed!)

This year the competition goes as follows: just reply to this thread completing the following:

"The next single most important advancement in tablet PC technology will be ... because ..."

Because I had such a hard time finding a winner last year, as a tie-breaker also send an email to christopher@tc-one-thousand.com AND NOT this thread, pointing out what you think is the deliberate mistake in the Intelligent technologies case review at www.tc-one-thousand.com.

I will look at the responses late on 31 December 2004 (UK time) and post the results here and sorry, the judge's decision is final!

Goodluck! ;)

28/12/2004 - Hmm!? Perhaps I have set too hard a challenge, not so many takers this time around - as for the tie-breakers have received a few emails pointing out my typo's, bad grammar and errors of ommission but no-one has hit on the deliberate mistake yet - HINT: concentrate on the images ...

Thanks for your kind comments everyone, I will try to keep the reviews coming, in particular I am interested in the Bluetooth stowaway keyboard (and mouse) and would likethat to be my next review (when I get one to play with!)

http://www.tabletpcbuzz.com/forum/uploaded/jamescj/200412205233_it-case-a.jpg

fswitz
12-20-2004, 12:47 AM
Chris,

Congrats on the site, and a job well done.

Cheers to tc-one-thousands

Happy Holidays,

Dan.Carter
12-20-2004, 02:18 AM
Chris,

Has it been two years? Time flys when you're enjoying a Tablet PC! Thank you for your efforts, the site has been helpful on many occasions.

rbushway
12-20-2004, 08:03 AM
Congratulations, Christopher. Your site has been a tremendous resource.

Dennis Rice
12-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the continued support of tablets Chris. The HP is still my favorite! :-)

Spencer
12-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Congratulations Chirs, as always, you continue to do an excellent job with the site!

DaveTN
12-21-2004, 12:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by jamescj

Hello everybody

On the 31 December 2004, tc-one-thousand turns 2! Although I would like to dedicate more time to this repository of information it still has been a great 2nd year for me! My TC1000 now has an older brother in the form of the TC1100 ... who knows what will happen in the new year - TC2000 perhaps [?]

As with last year I have a little give away to one lucky winner to commemorate this event. Last year my little competition had as its prize a portfolio that I (or rather wifey) had adapted to take my TC1000. This year I will stay on the same theme and will be giving away the Intelligent Technologies Inc case (http://www.intelligenttechnologiesinc.com/) I have just reviewed on www.tc-one-thousand.com

As before one lucky Tabletpcbuzz reader will be the winner of this great case with my compliments (a contribution towards postage would be welcomed!)

This year the competition goes as follows: just reply to this thread completing the following:

"The next single most important advancement in tablet PC technology will be ... because ..."

Because I had such a hard time finding a winner last year, as a tie-breaker also send an email to christopher@tc-one-thousand.com AND NOT this thread, pointing out what you think is the deliberate mistake in the Intelligent technologies case review at www.tc-one-thousand.com.

I will look at the responses late on 31 December 2004 (UK time) and post the results here and sorry, the judge's decision is final!

Goodluck! ;)

http://www.tabletpcbuzz.com/forum/uploaded/jamescj/200412205233_it-case-a.jpg

Hi Chris and congratulations and happy birthday to your site. It is in the top of my bookmarks right up there with the Buzz. Keep up the good work in the years to come and much success to you.

To answer the question:]"The next single most important advancement in tablet PC technology will be ... because ..." The use of large amounts of high speed flash RAM in place of hard drives as a primary storage medium. Flash RAM has come down greatly in price and the hard drive seems to be one of the limiting factors of a Tablet. HDDs are slow and consume a considerable amount of power. Moving to a flash based system would allow instant on and quick retrieval of information. Tablets could still have HDD's but the OS and primary programs would run from the Flash RAM.
Now, for the purists, Tablets would have MUCH MORE flash RAM than PDA's...there is no comparison.

David

rbushway
12-21-2004, 02:31 PM
price reduction. That will cascade in tablet technology moving fully into all laptops , thus resulting in wide spread adoption.

WNewquay
12-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Congratulations Christopher,

Have I told you? .... One of the main reasons I got my first Tablet PC (a TC1000) was because I had the good fortune to find your site early in my pre-Tablet research.

Tuan
12-23-2004, 05:07 PM
Keep up the good work, Christopher. Very nice site. I visit it frequently. Still looking forward to a detail guide to the Sierra Aircard and a Bluetooth Keyboard (Think Ouside Stowaway?) to use with TC1x00. Merry Chrismas! [bday]

jamescj
01-10-2005, 06:29 AM
Well, sorry it has taken me a while to get back but my 'day job' coupled with server troubles have delayed me.

Interest was poor this time around, still, we have a clear winner - David contact me and I will send out the case.

What about the tie-breaker? got lots of replies, some close, but not quite there - look at the following photo:

http://www.tabletpcbuzz.com/forum/uploaded/jamescj/2005110122531_it-case-e.jpg

The logo say 'Compaq' => TC1000; look at the pen, it is a Cross pen with eraser ... not the right combination, yes? ............ too geeky perhaps [:I]

Anyway, well done David [thumbsup]